Saturday, September 20, 2014

Lady Gaga says wary of pro-ISIS rallies in U.S.

U.S. pop star Lady Gaga said in a recent interview that she is “scared” to hear of rallies held in the United States in support of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).“It makes me scared when I hear that there’s pro-ISIS rallies in America because I think that social media has created this sort of negative undertone in the universe,” she told the Associated Press.The 28-year-old “Paparazzi” singer, who has recently had hip surgery and parted ways with her longtime manager, says things are looking up for her. “I’ve very centered now. I meditate a lot. I’m happy. I am more sober than I’ve ever been,” the singer said interview this week. “It’s a very happy time in my life.”

Parting ways

Last year, Gaga parted ways with longtime manager Troy Carter, who helped the pop star achieve multiplatinum status, dominate the pop charts and win multiple Grammy Awards. She said she was overworked and that greed led to their split.“Part of what was making my sort of artistic experience so unpleasant was that I felt that I was not able to truly freely fly as an artist,” she said. “In some ways my talents were not being used to their full potential.”Gaga says part of her happier state of mind comes from working with Tony Bennett on the album “Cheek to Cheek,” out on Tuesday.Gaga is currently on an international tour that wraps up Nov. 24 in Paris. 

Source: Al Arabiya News

No comments:

Post a Comment