Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Nigeria vs Arsenal: Hugely benficial, sweet test for Eagles - Keshi


Coach of the Nigeria national team, Stephen Keshi believes the upcoming friendly match between the Super Eagles and Arsenal will be hugely beneficial to both sides.


The Super Eagles will meet Arsene Wenger’s team at the Abuja National Stadium on August 5 as the

Gunners intensify their preparations for the 2012/2013 season.

It is the first time Arsenal will be playing in Nigeria and Keshi believes the experience will be special.

image

“The game will be very special and I believe it is going to be hugely beneficial to both teams.

“Like you know, Arsenal are preparing for the new Barclays English Premier League season while we will  also use the game to prepare for the upcoming World and Nations Cup qualifiers, so this game is very

important,” Keshi told SuperSport.com.

Keshi also hinted that home-grown players would be relied upon to prosecute the game against Arsenal.

“The game will be especially important for the home-based players who will have a chance to prove themselves against top flight competition,” he said.

The coach also took the time to appraise his rebuilding project with the national team which has seen him blend domestically-based talent and the foreign-based professionals.

“To be honest, I can’t say I’m satisfied yet with the project. Yes, there are improvements in several aspects but we will be deceiving ourselves if we think everything is perfect,” Keshi said.

Yakubu excited by China adventure Nigeria striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni has said he seeks a new challenge with Chinese club Guangzhou R&F after his time in the EPL.

Yakubu has completed a three-year deal in China believed to pay him 100,000 pounds a week, but the striker has insisted he did not move because of the cash.

“Many will wonder why I chose China, the truth is that there is not much to prove after scoring over 100 goals in a league considered as one of the best in the world. The best thing for me is to move for adventure and new challenge,” he said.

“Guangzhou R&F were the only team who made contact and showed seriousness in having me, so I decided to come here.

“I can feel the love, warmth and professional attitude here. My coming to China is not about money, I have found love, happiness and sincerity here which money can’t buy, I am eager to kick start my China career.”

‘The Yak’ paid a parting tribute to the players and fans of Blackburn Rovers.

“I thank Blackburn Rovers, the fans, fellow players for making my one season there seem like a decade - I appreciate their support [and] I hope the club will come back again into the top flight as soon as possible,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment